1) You can easily ride through your dressage test wearing a full on snowmobile suit and Sorel's.
2) You have a crowbar and/or a hammer in your tie stall to knock out snowballs from your horse's feet.
3) You've used a blow dryer to dry off your horse before turning him outside.
4) You don't blink an eye when your instructor shows up wearing a ski-doo suit to teach you.
5) You've bent a hoof pick trying to pry snowballs out of your horses feet.
6) You have a stick for breaking open frozen water buckets.
7) When it warms up to -12 in January you ride all day in a t-shirt.
8) Your eyelashes freeze when you run out to catch your horse.
9) You cringe every time you watch the RCMP Musical Ride.
10) You have no problem riding 6 horses right after eating poutine.
11) When it finally warms up enough to ride outside you spend more on Off or Deep Woods in a month than you do on board.
12) The closest CDI Dressage show is a 42 hour drive away.
13) You build smudges in the summer to keep the bugs away.
14) You wear long johns under your long johns and a tuque under your helmet.
15) You've twisted your ankle on a piece of frozen horse poo.
16) You wouldn't change it for the world, eh?
Happy Canada Day! And Happy Riding!
THE BRIDLE COMPANY
17) You purchased Sorel’s for your horse
18) Your horse has an insulated Gore-Tex snow sheet
19) Your arena drag has a Zamboni attachment