1) You can easily ride through your dressage test wearing a full on snowmobile suit and Sorel's.
2) You have a crowbar and/or a hammer in your tie stall to knock out snowballs from your horse's feet.
3) You've used a blow dryer to dry off your horse before turning him outside.
4) You don't blink an eye when your instructor shows up wearing a ski-doo suit to teach you.
5) You've bent a hoof pick trying to pry snowballs out of your horses feet.
6) You have a stick for breaking open frozen water buckets.
7) When it warms up to -12 in January you ride all day in a t-shirt.
8) Your eyelashes freeze when you run out to catch your horse.
9) You cringe every time you watch the RCMP Musical Ride.
10) You have no problem riding 6 horses right after eating poutine.
11) When it finally warms up enough to ride outside you spend more on Off or Deep Woods in a month than you do on board.
12) The closest CDI Dressage show is a 42 hour drive away.
13) You build smudges in the summer to keep the bugs away.
14) You wear long johns under your long johns and a tuque under your helmet.
15) You've twisted your ankle on a piece of frozen horse poo.
16) You wouldn't change it for the world, eh?
Happy Canada Day! And Happy Riding!
THE BRIDLE COMPANY