We are deep into the show season and starting to hit the sweltering summer months. To prepare for showing in the midst of summer, the Solo FamJam has compiled a list of essential items to bring along to a show that isn't tack related. These must-haves will allow you to focus on doing what you're there to be doing in the first place, riding a successful test!
- Chapstick. There's nothing worse than trying to ride your horse when your lips feel like sandpaper. Stock up.
- Sunscreen. Maybe this is because I'm a pasty ginger, but the only thing worse than burning lips, is burning skin.
- Folding chair. You're on your feet enough prepping and tending to your horse, but be sure to give yourself a break once in a while with this must have.
- Safety Pins & Sewing Kit. I admit it, I've had one too many veggie burgers during a show and blow a button off my show coat. Sewing kit saved the day!
- Sunglasses. Even if its cloudy, you'll still look as cool as Jack Nicholson with some shades on.